Dear Friends and Family of the Morgan Jayne Children's Foundation,
As you know from our newsletters, unemployment on Roatan is at 80%, the lock-down won’t ease up, and therefore poverty and crime increases. Hurricane Eta hit last week and so Food Friday was canceled. What does that mean? Kids did not eat.
We are enormously grateful to all of you – YOU have fed these families! But we simply can’t go on the way we’ve been doing this – Valerie cannot continuously ask for money on social media and wonder if she’ll make it each week.
- 51 families (including 190 kids) are now on Val’s list each week.
- It costs $50 to feed a family for one week.
- $2,550 needs to be raised WEEKLY to feed them.
We are putting a call-out for “Roatan Angels” – donors who will commit to setting up monthly automatic payments to Valerie on an ongoing basis until the food situation is under control. We will keep you informed through exclusive newsletters and let you know when families are able to become more self-sufficient so you can modify or cancel your donation.
Become An Angel
A Simple, Two-Step Process:
- Set up your monthly donation by clicking on the PayPal button below. Select the “Make this a monthly donation” box and enter what you’d like to give. If you’d prefer not to use PayPal to save on fees, you can set up regular e-transfers through most banks to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you’ve set up your payment, officially register as a “Roatan Angel” by clicking here. This helps us to keep track of our angel donations and allows us to send you important updates.
Can't Be An Angel? There Are Other Ways To Help!
We are painfully aware of how much we have asked of our donors, week after week. We also worry that people will grow weary because we ask so much. And we also know that Covid may have caused financial hardship for you, too.
If you aren’t in the position to help financially, you can still help! Spread the word. Send out a request to your groups, churches, sports teams, schools, work… book clubs… any group you think may want to take on a fundraising project.
We created the below landing page for you to share within your networks. Put it on social media and share, share, share! The Honduran government has done nothing to help its people. We’ve sent word to the embassy as well as Amnesty International and have heard nothing back.
So… it’s up to us. And it takes a village. SHARE the Roatan Angels page:
Social distancing is preventing us from fundraising for the kids in Roatan the way we are used to. So, we are changing our tactics. Do you shop online? Great! Simply join our team on FlipGive and start shopping through the app or our team page and we’ll earn money every time you shop with popular brands like Starbucks, Amazon, Tim Hortons, Indigo, Sportchek, Esso and so much more. With the holidays coming up, your shopping could help!
How to join:
- Click here.
- When you are prompted for a join code, enter K7VRPZ.
- Remember to use FlipGive before you shop online so we’ll earn cash back – make a purchase within the first 14 days of joining and we’ll receive an additional bonus.
When kids on Roatan go to sleep at night with full bellies, you did that.